Amazon Japan is Hiring Data Center Logistics Specialist
to work in the new and growing data center industry? Amazon Web Services is recruiting for a Logistics Associate position in their Data Center.
What we are looking for is someone who has a bright personality, is motivated in everything, and can work based on a vision. The ideal competencies required for this position are a strong work ethic, attention to detail, punctuality, and a commitment to further operational improvement.
The Logistics Associate receives and ships parts and manages inventory as requested by the Data Center Technician and her engineers as needed. Also responsible for the loading and unloading of cargo and transportation procedures for parts. Therefore, this position frequently involves lifting parts and products. Logistic Associates are required to maintain accurate inventory records of all parts and products entering and leaving the company.
We are also expected to maintain a clean environment, orderliness and safety in all work spaces.
Physical/environmental requirements Ability to work in
parts warehouses, warehouse buildings, and locations with high noise levels (specific locations).
Can assist with loading and unloading luggage.
· Transferring and shipping parts and products, as well as related work.
· We mainly work in a quiet environment, but sometimes we work in an environment of about 75db (noise environment such as working near a large fan or air conditioner).
· Most of the work is done indoors with air conditioning, and on rare occasions, support work for receiving packages occurs outdoors.
Friendly and international environment
Calendar working hours
Are you interested in being part of a new and fast-growing Data Center Business? Amazon Web Services is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking member to fill Data center Logistics Associate positions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. Logistics Associates receive parts, maintain inventory, and check-out parts as needed to Data center Technicians and Engineers. You will also be responsible for loading and unloading shipments and transporting parts between different locations. This position involves frequent lifting of materials and products. Logistic Associates will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company. You are also expected to maintain the cleanliness, organization, and safety of all work spaces.
Physical / Environmental Demands
· Able to work in a warehouse / storage environment
· Able to work in a noisy environment (occasionally).
· Assist in loading and unloading shipments.
· Work with and/or around electronic parts
· Mostly work in a quiet environment, but occasionally work in a 75db noise level environment (comparable to working near by industrial grade fan or air conditioner)
· Most of the work will happen inside a building with air conditioning equipment. Occasionally work will happen outside to support receiving of a shipment.
·International, inclusive, and friendly environment
·Work hours are per calendar days
· Must be 18 years of age or older · High school diploma or equivalent
· 2-4 years of work experience related to logistics (shipping, receiving, inventory management, etc.)
· Demonstrate a positive attitude towards work.
Japanese: Ability to speak, read and write basic English: Able to speak, read and write basic Ability to carry items (up to 18 kg) and put items on shelves as needed・Can do basic PC operations and use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
・Must be at least 18 years old
・High School diploma or equivalent
・2 – 4 years of relevant industry experience in logistics operations (eg shipping, receiving, inventory management, storage room operations)
· Presents a positive attitude towards work
· Dependable communication
· Able to read and take direction in English/ Japanese.
· Willing to perform physical tasks when needed such as: lifting boxes up to 18kg (support from teammates is available); kneeling or squatting while moving/storing items in and out the Data Centers; walking within the premises of the data centers often, using hand carts to move parts from one place to another
· Conversation level of Japanese/English language
· Can operate with computers and use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Basic time management skills
JOB LOCATION:- Japan,TOKYO
Familiarity with the use of systemized inventory management applications Familiarity with
shipping company slips and delivery procedures Demonstrates
ownership, proactiveness, and problem-solving despite difficult circumstances Don’t be afraid to work on solutions.
· Review, process and manage parts procurement requests and inventory replenishment requests through a ticket system.
· Familiar with using an computerized inventory system
· Familiar with waybills and shipping procedures with transport companies
· Not afraid to take ownership, keeping positive attitude and resolve problems despite difficult circumstances
· Review and processing of requests via our ticketing system for parts requests and stock replenishment .
Amazon complies with the Equal Employment Opportunity Act. We provide equal employment opportunities without discrimination based on race, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other attributes. If you have a disability, please see below. https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/jp/ Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/jp/ #aws- jp-dc-ap #AWSJAPAN Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking